Rated: PG
Runtime: 1 hr 49 mins Genre: Children's/ Fantasy
Why I wanted to see this: Johnny Depp & Anne Hathaway
Why I wanted to see this: Johnny Depp & Anne Hathaway
My Take:
Sigh it's a fantastically boring film. The dialogue was simply weird and pretty much a bore. Nothing appealed to me during the progression of the film. The characters were strange (yes I know that's the whole point of Alice in Wonderland) but I honestly didn't like Johnny Depp in this movie, his movements where coy-ish and insanely disturbing to say the least. I hated EVERYTHING about Anne's character, from the ridiculously blond/white hair and ubber pale skin not forgetting the stained red pout.
However, the pale skin worked outstandingly for the woman (Mia Wasikowska) who played Alice. She was a delight to watch as the film progressed. With that being said, I must say the other re-deeming character that MADE this movie enjoyable or somewhat entertaining was the RED QUEEN (Helena Bonham Carter). She was simply a joy to watch, her acting was on par and I fell in love with her character, despite being the EVIL/ villan-ness.
In all, the fantasy setting was scenic and captivating but beyond that it's a waste to watch it in 3D for the storyline.
In all, the fantasy setting was scenic and captivating but beyond that it's a waste to watch it in 3D for the storyline.




No comments:
Post a Comment