Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Blackhead Facial- **Cheap Version**

I love making home-made facial masks it's so fun
I tried doing a (1)Turmeric + Lime juice  & (2) Turmeric + Yoghurt  masks but I'm pretty sure the Turmeric gave me an irritation and I didn't like the yellow after effects soooo ???........no more
I use to use the Egg White Blackhead Remover mask regularly but I found it to be a bit of a hassle........why ....
1)  have to break and separate the egg 
2)  most times I would simply throw away the yolk (WASTAGE?) 
3) the unused egg white can't be reheated and I didn't like putting the cold egg white on my face (brrr!)
4) it didn't seem to work for me in terms of pore clearing, but in terms of tightening and softening my face and reducing the laugh lines   YEs, Yes & Yes  it worked like a charm.
___________________________________

    Now I'm trying Unflavoured Gelatine as a base in my face masks seeing that it's suppose to remove blackheads and clarify your pores...most effectively
    The Gelatine I bought was Knox which cost $12.99 TT

    Recipe for Blackhead Remover by TipNut.com

    1 T Unflavored gelatine
    1 1/2 T Milk (I am using full cream milk)
    Mix gelatine and milk
    ◥ Heat in the microwave for 10 -15 sec.
    ◥ Remove from microwave and stir 
    ◥ Apply to problem areas on the face
    ◥ Let dry (30mins) then carefully peel it off in an UPWard Motion.
    ◥ After removing the peel, wash face in very cold water to close the pores.
      RESULTS:
      What I found is that gelatine sucks onto the face really well. But the mixture should be applied thickly for the best results. Initially, I applied it thinly and I couldn't peel it off so I ended up washing it off .The second time around I applied it thickly and BOY O Boy! I felt as if I was waxing my face☺. 
      The mask does clear the pores and leave your face feeling smooth and a little sore
      I'd say this is the BEST home-made blackhead mask EVER....I am soo doing this until my Gelatine envelopes are all used up.
      However you should make only a small amount at a time because if you have extra you cannot and re-use it, as the remaining gelatine mix will get gelatinous and usable (WASTAGE!). The milk scent was a bit of a turn off though, Craftbits suggested putting a few drops of essential oil to hide the milk scent.


      No comments: