Thursday, July 1, 2010

World Cup 2010 Fever

I am NOT a big football fan but I gotta admit the World Cup Fever does get to you. I mean it is EVERYWHERE from bars, restaurants, offices, banks, the hospital lobby, radio while in commute, there is huge tv screen placed in full view, right opposite the promenade in the capital city.  People are also blasting the Waka Waka & Wavin flag songs everywhere, its funny the same people who didn't like the Waka Waka song before are now liking it due to it's HEAVY rotation throughout the airwaves.Here are  samples of the songs if you are unfamiliar to it. (1) Shakira-Waka Waka (2) K'naan-Wavin Flag...I love both

Get this on your phone | Make your own free ringtones


Get this on your phone | Make your own free ringtones
To tell you how bad it is, some people are having withdrawal symptoms over the 2 day break. Some people facebook status's read: "no football today what to do? sigh I guess I'll go do the ppl work" another one "guess I will go read some manga and go watch some bleach".
Honestly, the World Cup came at a right time because so many people are FED up watching the WEST INDIES Cricket Team and their losing streak. Their performance against South Africa was no different this time around, considering they had home advantage this time around...............
Anyways, last time around, I was into the WORLD CUP because my national team made it (T&T), though we got kicked out early. We will forever be remembered as the SMALLEST nation to ever qualify for a WORLD CUP. I also watched it the year Jamaica qualified think that was 1998.
This year however, I do not have any favourites but I am backing Germany vs Brazil for the final game, but I'm leaning more towards BRAZIL.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loving the nails wow!
And worldcup i'm crazy for it!

Nice post!

Sey said...

thanks but my team gone home Oh MY!