Thursday, August 12, 2010

College Degrees that are more likely to have you struggling financially!

I came across this article while refreshing my Yahoo! homepage. I have a passion for food, nutrition and foodservice and they all make the list..........Bummer!
I guess to break the mould you have to be creative and take initiative especially if you want to  attain an above average living.


Source:Shaughnessy, L. (2010). 20 Worst-Paying College Degrees in 2010. Available: http://finance.yahoo.com/college-education/article/110196/20-worst-paying-college-degrees-in-2010?mod=edu-continuing_education. Last accessed 12 August 2010.

5 comments:

Latoya said...

If you like science -including Chemistry and Biotechnology-- you may want to consider Food Science. That field should pay more. It is a field that people are unaware of so they tend to hire a lot of chemists. They are the people that develop flavors, help preserve food, etc.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I may sound simple-minded here but I really don't think a $40,000 salary is too bad, especially when there are a lot of people who don't even get offered that much coming out of college. Plus, if you're really passionate about those particular fields, the financial part will work out for you as well. These reports seem to change all the time when it comes to what degrees make the most/least money.

Anonymous said...

Wow great findings, every time i visit your page to comment it issues a warning sign and crash, it say your page has virus so that's why my comments have been mia for awhile. you need to check it out...

CGBlogger

:)

Sey said...

@ CGBlogger an application on my blog was infected because of a fashion blog I was following. I hope its all gud now.
@Latoya, thanks for d suggestion I'm was considering doing my masters or postgrad dip in Food technology seeing that it is indeed a big field.
@ UglyCleanBroke87, True but I'm not all about the money, aslong as i enjoy what i am doing I will find a way to make it out and pay

Anonymous said...

great find. it's pretty accurate on the graphic design front.