There are some foods that re-act in a very unfavourable way with one's body chemistry. Though the effects vary from person to person, they often result in the person either limiting their intake of the food or omitting it entirely.
In my experience, the following foods just DO NOT work with my body:
1) Meal Replacement Beverages
It was only recently I realised that this category of drinks gives me temporary bowel distress. Not sure if it's because of the high vitamin content but that would be my first guess. I know that I am not intolerant to milk.
► Nestle's Supligen- Vanilla, or Peanut
I really like the taste of this, it is thick creamy and filled with milky goodness
OUTCOME:I still drink this, but I do not finish an entire 120ml can or carton in one sitting. I try to stretch it out over the course of 2 days. So far so good!
► Nestle's Nutrament - Vanilla, Banana, Strawberry
I decided to try another meal replacement drink.
EFFECT: Bowel Distress the following day
OUTCOME: I wont have a hard time giving this up because I don't really like the semi-metallic after taste that remains in my mouth.
____________________________________________________2) Grapes
These are tasty and nutritionally delightful.
EFFECT: When I was younger about 10/12yrs, I noticed every time I ate grapes the area around my lips would scratch me. But I never understood, what was the cause until I was older. My guess is the chemicals the grapes are sprayed with, is what is causing the reaction. Even now my lip region still scratches after eating grapes
OUTCOME: I try my best to consume this in very few quantities. I soak the grapes in some white vinegar before consuming them though, and that seems to help some of the times._____________________________________________
3) Coffee
EFFECT:
► It makes me feel tiresome
► Bowel distress, within a few hours of consumption. It occurs faster when I drink coffee on an empty stomach; be it plain black or with milk & or even in the candy or mocha cake/cookie forms. It also acts like a diuretic (I'm sure this is most common in all individuals due to the caffeine).
In sum, Coffee Consumed = Tiresome +Diuretic + bowel distress
OUTCOME:I only drink this when I feel like it. I learnt my lesson, so I only consume coffee at home. I usually keep a bottle on hand, for when the feeling hits me.




1 comment:
I get that same effect when i drink Supligen...
Post a Comment