Monday, December 6, 2010

Jonah Hex (2010) - My Take

Director: Jimmy Hayward
Genre:  Western, Horror/Suspense 
Length84 mins
Rated: PG-13
Reasons for me watching: None 
 


 My Take:
I am unfamiliar with the comic book series but what I gathered from the film's storyline is that; Jonah Hex is a 19th  century bounty hunter with a grudge. He has a supernatural power that allows him to speak to the dead.  As the film's storyline progressed, I was not bored but I also did not care to know what happened in every scene. There was no intensity, drama, suspense, thrill or fright factor to the storyline.The characters were grungy, greasy, bland and uninteresting, none of them stood-out in a good way. The best thing about the film is that it is 72 mins long and it is very much forgettable. The plot  and dialogue are weak and not creative. For the most part, it contained the mainstay that make  a western a western: cowboy, sheriff, outlaws, prostitute and an ample amount of gunplay.  In all, if you liked the comic series then you would not be blown away by this adapted version
skip this film or wait for the dvd release or view it online.

My Smiley Rating:                        RT-Meter

No comments: