Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Concealer Love-L.A Girl Pro Conceal

My makeup routine is very simple and goes as follows:
Step one: Cleansing my face and neck
Step two: Apply black eyeliner on the top of my eyelids and outer corners
Step three: Fill in my brows with a black or dark brown pencil
Step four: Apply Vaseline on my lips
That's it!
However, my skin has been blotchy recently, so to counteract this I bought a concealer. Now I know nothing about concealer, so I purchased the one that matched my skin tone. I purchased the L.A Girl Cosmetics Pro. Conceal - HD Concealer in Chestnut (GC986). The variety this product comes in is amazing (see for yourself L.A Girl Website). As such, I tested the expresso (GC985), fawn (GC983)  and toffee (GC984) colours on my wrist before I decided on the chestnut colour.  I did not try the dark cocoa (GC988) colour because when I squeezed the tester, water came out, I was like yikes and just put it back.  Anyway, it only cost me $15.00, not sure if this was a bargain or not but the price worked for me.
Today, I applied it to the side of my cheeks where my blotches are, it went on smoothly and my blotches literally disappeared or became noticeably absent at first glance; unless you were look really, really close. The concealer has a soft brush-like applicator tip, which is pretty cool, considering I have not seen anything like this before.   I squeezed the formula on to my finger and then applied it to my problem areas. The formula has a mild waxy scent, felt rather creamy and thick on my fingers but required little blending once applied to my face. My face did not feel weird or  became irritated after application, my skin looked clear and even toned (no signs of unwanted blemishes), even after two hours of running errands and mild sweating.  The product does smudge with friction but does not come off easily when it comes into contact with water.
To remove the concealer, I massaged some baby oil unto the area, wiped off with a tissue, washed my face with a face soap and then applied some rubbing alcohol unto the area.(yea, yea, I know alcohol dries out the skin and baby oil clogs the pores).

Bottom-line:
I will be purchasing another tube of this and a few other shades to experiment  with.
 

2 comments:

Broke Wanna-Be Fashionista said...

I really dont like this product. it really thick and i get acne after using it :/ Maybe it just my skin....

Broke Wanna-Be Fashionista said...

Well none now. I was using this one but was too thick and I started to get acne. Plus I'm new to this whole make up thing. Maybe i need to keep looking around.