Sunday, May 2, 2010

Knee Swollen & Injured

I have been working out for the past 60 days, for about 4 days a week
I have been doing Squats, Plies, and plank runs for all of my workouts.
I must admit I may have on more than one occasion not have good form while doing the squats (you knw not hyper-extending the kneecaps over the toes while in the lowered position (see photo or link!))
And 2 weeks ago I noticed my leg and knee began hurting but I didn't pay it any mind and I continued to workout, until that Friday when my leg really stated to hurt. anyways, Now my knee is swollen and alil stiff but it does not hurt.
All i can say is that commuting is a BITCH!, climbing stairs is a BItCH!, even using those handicapped rants is painful. Even Sitting is a BITCH because of bending my knee
IT SUCKS I must admit, so now I know when personal trainers say that having key form when exercising is vital in preventing injuries.............THEY ARE RIGHT!>
Lesson Learnt: Fatiguing the muscle (by improper) is not worth the delay caused my bad form
Once my knee goes back to normal, I will take heed and re-evaluate my workout routines as well as my form.

No comments: